Vignavecchia Chianti Classico 2013

Vignavecchia Chianti Classico 2013

Free Shipping on 4 or more

Comparable Price*

$38.00

Yesterday's Best Web Price
(With Shipping)

$N/A

Our Price

$17.99



After decades of exploring Pacific island jungles in places like Borneo and New Guinea, Odoardo Beccari returned to his native Tuscany in the 1870s to make wine. His great-grandchildren run the winery to this day, honoring their family heritage by crafting beautiful Chianti. The 2013 Chianti Classico comes from a relatively cool, high elevation vineyard that produces ethereal, delicate Sangiovese with an intricately filigreed bouquet - reminiscent of Pinot Noir. Notes of wild cherry, autumn leaves, and cinnamon will remind of what you love about Chianti!
 
91 Points - James Suckling!
"A fresh and fruity Chianti Classico with dried strawberry and rosemary aromas. Medium to full, with lovely subtle fruit and a delicious finish."

Wine Ratings

91 - James Suckling!
90 - Wine Enthusiast!

Description

Unit Size750.00 ML
VarietalRed Blend
Vintage2013
GrapeSangiovese, Merlot
CountryItaly
RegionTuscany
Alcohol Content13.00%

Hide Full Description

Vignavecchia Chianti Classico 2013
 
 
By James Suckling
Vignavecchia Chianti Classico 2013
Sunday, August 21, 2016
Country: Italy
Region: Tuscany
Vintage: 2013
Score: 91
A fresh and fruity Chianti Classico with dried strawberry and rosemary aromas. Medium to full, with lovely subtle fruit and a delicious finish. Drink now.
 
By Wine Enthusiast
Vignavecchia 2013 Chianti Classico
Points: 90
Special Designation: Editors’ Choice
Variety: Red Blend
Appellation: Chianti Classico, Tuscany, Italy
Winery: Vignavecchia
Bottle Size: 750.00 ml
Category: Red
Importer: Zancanella Importing Co
Date Published: 5/1/2016
Luminous and fresh, this opens with aromas of red berry, violet, chopped herb and a whiff of baking spice. The vibrant, linear palate offers red cherry, strawberry, white pepper and star anise alongside racy acidity and polished tannins. Enjoy through 2018.
 
By Wine Spectator
Vignavecchia Chianti Classico 2013
Score: 89
Country: Italy
Region: Tuscany
Issue: Oct 15, 2015
Cherry and blackberry flavors are at the core of this rich red. The backbone is comprised of fine tannins and vivid acidity, which drive the lingering aftertaste. Drink now through 2021.  –BS
 
By Antonio Galloni’s Vinous Media 
Vignavecchia 2013 Chianti Classico
Points: 89
Antonio Galloni. Tasting date: October 2015
From Chianti Classico 2013 & 2012: The Luck of the Draw (Sep 2015)
Vignavecchia
Grape/Blend: 90% Sangiovese, 10% Merlot
Release price: $38.00
Radda in Chianti, Tuscany
Red wine from Italy
Drinking window: 2016 - 2023
The 2013 Chianti Classico is an attractive, mid-weight wine that shows the more lifted, delicate side of Sangiovese. Crushed flowers, raspberries and sweet tobacco are all nicely delineated in the glass. Drink this feminine, mid-weight Chianti Classico over the next handful of years. Readers should expect an almost Pinot-like style.
 
 
By Vignavecchia
Chianti Classico 2013
 
Technical Details
Region: Tuscany
Appellation: DOCG
Grapes: 90% Sangiovese and 10% Merlot
The wine is aged in wood for 30% of its volume and then in cement tanks for the remaining 70% volume.
Fermentation Tanks: concrete and stainless steel
Fermentation Temperature: 28°C
Fermentation Time: 6-7 days
Maceration Time on Skin: 10-12 days
Malolactic Fermentation: carried out
Maturation Tank: stainless steel
Exposure: south by southwest
 
Vinification and Tasting Notes
The grapes ferment in 100HL cement tanks for two weeks. Grapes must be pumped over at least four times a day and require delestages. Grape harvest by hand pressing. Ruby red color with a fruity bouquet and a smooth, sapid taste with note of wild berries.
[Information provided by Superior Wines]
 
 
 
 
By Jancis Robinson
Vignavecchia 2013 Chianti Classico
Producer: Vignavecchia
Vintage: 2013
Appellation: Chianti Classico
Region: Toscana
Country: Italy
Score: 15/20
Colour: Red
When to drink: 2016 - 2018
Published: 5 Apr 2016
Date tasted: 4 Mar 2016
Reviewer: Walter Speller
Radda in Chianti. Mid ruby with orange tinges. Ethereal cherry and cassis nose. Cherry fruit with a green streak on the palate and a little bit astringent on the finish. Underwhelming. (WS)

 


*“Comparable Price” means the price at which the same or a similar wine with the same primary grape varietal and appellation or sub-appellation has been offered for sale to consumers directly by a producing winery or through retailers.

$17.99

Qty: